Learn more about
Digital Technologies HNC Part Time
This Level 4 qualification provides the foundation of your learning by giving a broad introduction to digital technologies and to a range of digital technology specialist functions.
What will I do?
Want to make a positive change to the digital world? You’ve picked the right Digital Technologies qualification. We’re on a mission to make the digital world a better place. This Level 4 qualification provides the foundation of your learning by giving a broad introduction to digital technologies and to a range of digital technology specialist functions.
The Digital Technologies HNC, equivalent to the first year of a university degree programme. It concentrates on developing the skills to succeed in industry and prepares you for work in the digital sector. You’ll select units across a range of pathways including:
- Software Development & Programming
- Cyber Security & Networking
- Data Analytics
- Games & Animation
- Website Development & Graphic Design
- Digital Marketing
You’ll gain a wide range of knowledge during your programme, tied to practical skills gained through research, independent study, directed study and workplace scenarios, with live project briefs from our employer partners. You will also have the opportunity to develop transferable skills such as communication, teamwork, research and analysis, which are highly valued in higher education and the workplace.Apply Now
Is it for me?
If you’re looking to get your career Digital Technologies and have a passion for the subject, then this is the course for you. There are full time and part time course options available to suit your needs.
Not ready to apply yet? Why not give us an email, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. We’ll be able to advise on whether this course is right for you and take it from there. You will also have the opportunity to complete the following accreditations:
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft Data Fundamentals
- Microsoft AI Fundamentals
- Microsoft Power Apps Fundamentals
After studying a Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Digital Technologies you’ll have sound knowledge of the basic concepts of digital technology. You’ll be able to demonstrate a range of subject-specific skills as well as general skills and qualities relevant to digital employers.
Once you’ve completed your HNC, you can progress your learning by moving on to Digital Technologies Higher National Diploma, progress on to study at university or onto employment.
MK College and the South-Central Institute of Technology (SCIoT) are now partnering with The Open University to produce new routes to full honours degrees which represent a real cost saving for students.
You can now study towards your HND (Higher National Diploma), followed by a third top-up year with the Open University.
What types of jobs could you expect afterwards? You could expect roles within a range of Digital Technology pathways as you will work in a dynamic and agile environment, with constant exposure to new technologies and plenty of opportunities to grow your skills and learn from othersApply Now
Digital Technologies HNC learners at the South Central IoT will benefit from:
- Project based learning: You will manage projects from beginning to end, solving employer-generated problems and maximising higher skills.
- Active partnerships with employers. Our previous projects include working with Microsoft and learners will be given opportunities to complete Microsoft relevant certifications. Our projects are co-delivered with employer partners which means you get trained directly by industry professionals.
- Confidence to learn, forget and relearn – as you would in industry: You will be treated as a unique investor in your working future rather than individuals accessing courses.
- Real research and development: You will undertake detailed research, enquiry, writing and analysis and communicate results effectively.
- Friendly and approachable: The South Central Institute of Technology team is welcoming, and will encourage you at every step.