Learn more about
BCS Level 4 Certificate in IT
What will I do?
The Level 4 Certificate in IT explores the fundamentals of computer and network technology, processor architecture, operating and information systems, software development and networks. You will complete three modules at this level providing you with a rounded education, on which to build your career and onward learning:
1. Computer and network technology – Fundamentals, Processor Architecture, Introduction to operating systems and system software and Networks
2. Information systems – Data Management, Systems analysis and design and Organisations
3. Software development – Fundamental concepts of the Programming Process, Phase Specific issues of Software Development, Introduction to Programming concepts, Files, Intro to concept of user interface design, Role and need for system software, Case studies in problem solving/algorithm analysis
You will also have the opportunity to develop transferable skills such as communication, teamwork, research and analysis, which are highly valued in higher education and the workplace.Apply Now
Is it for me?
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT
The Chartered Institute for IT are digital specialists and the only awarding focussed on computing and IT. As an approved centre for the course, the South Central Institute of Technology can offer an online and/or in person flexible offering to suit your personal commitments.
If you’re looking to enhance your career and have a passion for the subject, then this is the course for you. Our flexible option allows you to enter and exit to suit your personal circumstances; this approach can work well if you are already working or taking a break due to family and childcare responsibilities.
Not ready to apply yet? Why not contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. We’ll be able to advise on whether this course is right for you and take it from there: email@example.comApply Now
Upon successful completion of this qualification, candidates will be equipped with the knowledge and understanding to enable them to progress on to a
broad range of further development areas such as Big Data management, software engineering and web application development.
Following successful completion of the Certificate, you can also progress towards the BCS L5 Diploma in IT and select from the following options:
• Professional issues in IS Practice (core)
• Big Data Management
• Computer Networks
• IT Project Management
• IT Service Management
• Principles of User Interface Design
• Systems Analysis and Design
• Web Application Development
• Database Systems
• Object Orientated Programming Systems
• Principles of Internet Technologies
• Smart Systems
• Software Engineering 1
• User Experience
• Professional Project in IT
• Study qualifications that give you practical skills so you can hit the ground running when you reach the workplace
• Raise your profile in the industry by becoming a BCS member and access lifelong career development resources
• Sign up to our code of conduct and demonstrate to clients and employers your commitment to professional standards
• Plan your skills, training and career goals against the global IT Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA)
• Set yourself on the path to Chartered IT Professional (CITP) status – the industry’s highest competency standard